Midhurst more than carries its fair share in township property taxes now.
It seems short-sighted to:
- refuse to listen to to a near-unanimous and loud NO to the Midhurst Secondary Plan,
- dilute the value of their existing housing stock after decades of responsible building,
- risk 50% to 100% increases in property taxes for all Springwater residents, and
- throw good money after bad by opposing the senior level of government at the OMB.
Example: 1,100 houses
- @ $250,000 average value = $275,000,000
- @ $300,000 = $330,000,000
- @ $400,000 = $440,000,000