Being a citizen of a complete community is much, much more than being just a consumer or taxpayer. Midhurst has over 200 years of what they call “social equity”.
It’s worth preserving because healthy communities run on social equity. In my opinion, Ontario needs more Midhursts, not less.
- A History of Simcoe County, Andrew F. Hunter, Barrie, Ont., The County Council, 1909. 1
- A History of Vespra Township, The Vespra Township Council, Allan Anderson & Betty Tomlinson Anderson, Editors, 1987. 2
- A Short History of Financial Euphoria, John Kenneth Galbraith, Viking, 1990.
- Beautiful Barrie: The City and Its People, Su Murdoch, BES Rudachyk and KH Schick, 2005. 3
- Huronia: Cradle of Ontario’s History, J. Herbert Cranston , Illustrated by C. W. Jefferys, Huronia Historic Sites Association, 1949. 1
- Pioneer History of Midhurst, The Midhurst Historical Society, 1975. 4
- Pioneer Papers, Simcoe County Pioneer and Historical Society, Barrie, 1908. 4
- Simcoe County: The Recent Past, John Craig, The Corporation of the County of Simcoe, 1977 4
- Streetwise in Barrie: An Historical Guide to Barrie Streetnames, B.E.S. Rudachyk, DBS Heritage Consulting & Communications, Barrie, 2001. 3
- The Pioneers of Old Ontario: The Makers of Canada, W. I. Smith, Illustrations by M. McGillvray , George N. Morang, 1923. Online
- The Visible Past: The Pictorial History of Simcoe County, Adelaide Leitch, The County of Simcoe, Ontario, Canada, 1992. 1
- Whiskey and Wickedness-Volume 1: Barrie, Ontario – 1815 to 1885, Larry Donald Cotton, Transcontinental Printing, 2004. 3
1. Simcoe County Museum, Midhurst.
2. Administration Centre, Township of Springwater, $15, Midhurst.
3. Page & Turners Bookstore, Barrie.
4. Midhurst Library, Township of Springwater.
Anti-SLAPP Advisory Panel: Report to the Attorney General, Toronto, Ontario, October 28, 2010. pdf
FAQ (frequently asked questions) – Midhurst Secondary Plan, Township of Springwater, Updated December 6, 2011. pdf
Places to Grow: Website, Ministry of Infrastructure. Ontario Growth Secretariat
Proposed Amendment 1 to the Growth Plan for the Greater Golden Horseshoe, 2006, An amendment and implementation tools ofr he Simco Sub-area, Ontario Ministry of Infrastructure, October 2010. pdf
Public Information Centre, Midhurst Secondary Plan Study, August 28, 2008.
The Impact of the Built Environment on the Health of the Population: A Review of the Review Literature, Megan Williams, Myrna Wright, Simcoe Muskoka District Health Unit, November 2007. pdf