Sustainable change supports and builds communities. Midhurst is a vibrant community that traces its strength for almost 200 years.
The Midhurst Secondary Plan (2011 to 2031):
- 1,100 to 10,000 dwellings and
- 3,500 to 30,000 population.
We do not believe any community can survive a (assuming 20 years), year-over-year compounded average increase of +11.5%.
The Midhurst Secondary Plan is reckless, democratically illegitimate, and hostile to agricultural and rural partners. It is offensive to current provincial planning thinking and policies.
THINGS TO DO
Please identify yourself appropriately to all public offices and officials: name, physical address, postal code, telephone number. You should expect a timely response and that is only possible if the agencies have all the contact information they need to do their job.
1. Write a letter
- Hand write,
- print a copy and mail or
2. Make a phone call or email your provincial member of parliament. Mr. Jim Wilson, MPP, Simcoe-Grey: Collingwood 705 446-1090, 800 268-7542; Alliston 705 435-4087; Queen’s Park 416 325-2069; email@example.com
3. Keep an eye on this site. Why not get an updated post by email (see top, right side: Follow Blog via Email)? You can cancel anytime. Make a comment: I’ll moderate but try me!
4. Rattle the PC leader’s cage a bit. Mr. Tim Hudak, MPP, Leader of the Opposition, 416-325-8454 Tel; firstname.lastname@example.org
6. Petition Blitz: Midhurst Ratepayers’ Association are still collecting signatures. Check in with them at Friends of Midhurst.ca.