It is hard to imagine that the Elmvale Minor Hockey Association, EMHA has EVER received any bigger, single cheque than $10,000 from a sponsor in their history.
Curiously, the news lies buried on page 23 of the Springwater News: no photograph with donater/donatee, no photograph with local politicians, and no attribution for who wrote the article on behalf of the EMHA.
I’ve added an image from a 2008 Barrie Advance article.
Springwater News article:
April 6, 2017
Geranium Homes generously donates $10,000
This past month, Elmvale Minor Hockey Association received a very generous donation from Geranium Homes of $10,000 Geranium Homes is a developer who has projects coming up in Springwater Township. They have presented us these funds to help assist with local player development and are committed to helping grow an active community.
This charitable donation will be put to good use by helping with the ongoing financial constraints the organization has. The majority of the money will be put towards updating and purchasing new equipment as well as help finance some of the various skill development clinics that are offered to the members of EMHA. Both of these initiatives are very valuable to the organization and will help assist in the progress of the organization and more importantly the players of the Elmvale Minor Hockey.
Organizations like the EMHA rely heavily on the generosity of the businesses that operate in the surrounding community. Without these contributions we would not be able to provide the opportunity we do for the close to 300 young players that are currently enrolled here. EMHA would like to thank all team sponsors on top of Geranium Homes for their support as they are helping keep kids active and enjoy the sport they love to play.
I can hardly wait to find out how much the next donation will influence the demolition of the Midhurst Community Hall.
- Dear Midhursters, I say, for goodness’ sake, Don’t let the hall go, it would be a mistake., April 8, 2016.
- When is Springwater Township planning to demolish or “decommission” the Midhurst Community Centre?, April 8, 2016.
- Who is acting behind-the-scenes in degrading Midhurst’s cultural and heritage equity?, April 2, 2016.
- Who should be taking credit for the plan to establish a Midhurst Sports & Wellness Centre by demolishing the Midhurst Community Centre by September 2016?, February 16, 2016.
- Who benefited in 1976 with the publication of the Pioneer History of Midhurst book?, February 16, 2016.
- The Midhurst Community Centre accurately embodies the civic, social, and religious values of Midhurst pioneers., February 15, 2016.
If there aren’t any “strings attached” why aren’t Springwater Township Mayor Bill French, Deputy Mayor Don Allen, and Councillors Katy Austin and Perry Ritchie, MP Alex Nuttall and MPP Jim Wilson in this picture, taking credit for a “job well done”?
With a municipal election coming up soon and Elmvale being a crucial vote-heavy area, you’d think this annoucement would be crawling with serving politicians. Assuming everything’s on the “up-and- up”, of course.